Travel Health Insurance
Definition and Need for Travel Insurance
While travelling abroad or on domestic travel, a person can face hardships such as loss of baggage, medical emergencies etc. Of special worry is the fact that medical costs abroad might be much more expensive than in India, and thus it is important that there is a medical insurance cover to take care of those costs.
A travel insurance policy covers medical expenses in the following way:-
• If a person falls sick on a trip, the travel insurance policy promises to provide a cash free treatment subject to a minimum amount of expense. Further, travel insurance also covers any dental treatment due to injury on a trip.
• Hospitalization allowance- If a person is hospitalized for more than two days, then this policy provides for daily hospitalization allowance.
• Medical Evacuation- In case there is a special situation due to which the person cannot be treated for the illness while he is on a trip, then this policy covers him for treatment when he is back to his native place
• In case a person remains hospitalized for more than seven days while , the insurance company reimburses the return fare for a family member to visit him.
Time Based Provision
• Trip Cancellation- In case one's trip is canceled due to any reason like medical emergency or natural disasters, the insurance company would take care of all the expenses which are otherwise non- refundable
Whenever you are buying an insurance policy, it is perhaps more important to pay more heed to the benefits that the policy provides rather than worrying too much over minor differences in price.