449

Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd. Insurance Co. Ltd.

Company

Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd.

Year Established

2001

Brief History

Bajaj Allianz General Insurance received the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) certificate of Registration on 2nd May, 2001 to conduct General Insurance business (including Health Insurance business) in India. The Company has an authorized and paid up capital of Rs 110 crores. Bajaj Finserv Limited holds 74% and the remaining 26% is tfuld by Allianz, SE.

As on 31st March 2009, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance maintained its premier position in the industry by achieving growth as well as profitability. The company garnered a premium income of Rs. 2866 crore, achieving a growth of 11 % over the last year. Bajaj Allianz has made a profit before tax of Rs. 149.8 crore and has become the only private insurer to cross the RS.100 crore mark in profit before tax in the last three years. The profit after tax was Rs.95 crores, which is also the highest by any private insurer.

Promoters of the company

Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited (recently demerged from Bajaj Auto Limited) and Allianz SE. Both enjoy a reputation of expertise, stability and strength.

Share Capital (In crores)

110 crores

Solvency margin ratio

1.62

Credit rating

"iAAA" Credit Rating from ICRA

ISO Certificate

ISP 27001 CERTIFIED

Grpss Direct Premium 2008-2009 (In crores)

2866.2

Net Claim Incurred 2008-2009 (in crores)

1359.91

No of Employees

3973


No. of Branch Offices India =

Overseas =

200

0

Name & Designation of Key Executives

Mr. Hemant Kaul, CEO

Ms. Asha J. Joshi, Appointed Actuary

Head Office

(Corporate Office) Address

Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd.

GE Plaza, 1st Floor, Airport Road,

Yerawada, Pune 411006

Contact Number

Telephone : 91-020-66026666

Fax : 91-020-66026667

Email: info@bajajallianz.co.in

Toll Free No. 1800-102-5858

Website

www.bajajallianz.com

Request a call back!!

Customer Speak
Jili Sharma:
"Very useful and interesting site... will surely visit again"

Dib Chaudhuri, 40: I found this site to be the fastest, most accurate in generating a health insurance quote for me. It helped me in identifying the policy which was the best value for money.

Lakshmi Rao Now no agent can fool me anymore
News
Customer Speak
  • We will help you save money
  • Neutral and unbiased
  • Vast choice of insurers
  • Make insurance less confusing